Family: Pa. boy kidnapped by father in Egypt
August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- The U.S. State Department is trying to help a central Pennsylvania family whose 11-year-old son was kidnapped in Egypt.
Stefano Atteya, who goes by the name Nico, was in the country with his mother to visit his father and other family members. But, an aunt in Franklin County says things did not go as planned.
Olga Panagos, the aunt, says the family was headed from Cairo to Port Said when they had to pull over their car, possibly because of mechanical trouble. She says the mother was pushed out of the car by the father, then the car sped off.
"Nico was banging on the windows trying to get out, trying to get to his mommy. And that's the last time they seen him," explained Panagos.
Panagos says Nicco doesn't know the local language and suffers from asthma.
egypt, pennsylvania, kidnapping, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire 35 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police 34 min ago
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos