Aunt charged after toddler drowns in NJ lake
WILLIAMSTOWN, N.J. - August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- The aunt of a toddler has been charged after the boy drowned in a New Jersey lake.
Felicia Tucker, 26, of 12th Avenue in Monroe Township has been charged with second-degree endangering of a child in the death of her 2 ½ year-old nephew.
The drowning happened back on August 1st. Tucker allegedly called police after finding the front door of her home open and the boy missing.
Police say the boy, who investigators were told was autistic, was found by Tucker and a friend in Victory Lake near the house in three feet of water.
After nearly two hours on a respirator at the hospital, he was pronounced dead.
Tucker was arrested Tuesday and released on her own recognizance.
new jersey, gloucester county, drowning, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 17 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey 17 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing 17 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA