Aunt charged after toddler drowns in NJ lake
WILLIAMSTOWN, N.J. - August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- The aunt of a toddler has been charged after the boy drowned in a New Jersey lake.
Felicia Tucker, 26, of 12th Avenue in Monroe Township has been charged with second-degree endangering of a child in the death of her 2 ½ year-old nephew.
The drowning happened back on August 1st. Tucker allegedly called police after finding the front door of her home open and the boy missing.
Police say the boy, who investigators were told was autistic, was found by Tucker and a friend in Victory Lake near the house in three feet of water.
After nearly two hours on a respirator at the hospital, he was pronounced dead.
Tucker was arrested Tuesday and released on her own recognizance.
new jersey, gloucester county, drowning, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City
- Skippack student hospitalized with meningitis infection
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 18 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Jordan Brown murder case goes to Pa. high court 35 min ago
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County 59 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home 51 min ago
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 28 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm