Aunt charged after toddler drowns in NJ lake
WILLIAMSTOWN, N.J. - August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- The aunt of a toddler has been charged after the boy drowned in a New Jersey lake.
Felicia Tucker, 26, of 12th Avenue in Monroe Township has been charged with second-degree endangering of a child in the death of her 2 ½ year-old nephew.
The drowning happened back on August 1st. Tucker allegedly called police after finding the front door of her home open and the boy missing.
Police say the boy, who investigators were told was autistic, was found by Tucker and a friend in Victory Lake near the house in three feet of water.
After nearly two hours on a respirator at the hospital, he was pronounced dead.
Tucker was arrested Tuesday and released on her own recognizance.
new jersey, gloucester county, drowning, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 29 min ago
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 5 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries 11 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ