Aunt charged after toddler drowns in NJ lake
WILLIAMSTOWN, N.J. - August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- The aunt of a toddler has been charged after the boy drowned in a New Jersey lake.
Felicia Tucker, 26, of 12th Avenue in Monroe Township has been charged with second-degree endangering of a child in the death of her 2 ½ year-old nephew.
The drowning happened back on August 1st. Tucker allegedly called police after finding the front door of her home open and the boy missing.
Police say the boy, who investigators were told was autistic, was found by Tucker and a friend in Victory Lake near the house in three feet of water.
After nearly two hours on a respirator at the hospital, he was pronounced dead.
Tucker was arrested Tuesday and released on her own recognizance.
new jersey, gloucester county, drowning, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in deadly NJ mall carjacking
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua 26 min ago
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish