Aunt charged after toddler drowns in NJ lake
WILLIAMSTOWN, N.J. - August 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- The aunt of a toddler has been charged after the boy drowned in a New Jersey lake.
Felicia Tucker, 26, of 12th Avenue in Monroe Township has been charged with second-degree endangering of a child in the death of her 2 ½ year-old nephew.
The drowning happened back on August 1st. Tucker allegedly called police after finding the front door of her home open and the boy missing.
Police say the boy, who investigators were told was autistic, was found by Tucker and a friend in Victory Lake near the house in three feet of water.
After nearly two hours on a respirator at the hospital, he was pronounced dead.
Tucker was arrested Tuesday and released on her own recognizance.
new jersey, gloucester county, drowning, local/state
- Hats get women ejected from King of Prussia Mall
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man gunned down at water ice stand 6 min ago
- Bar fight ends with 2 shot in SW Philadelphia 4 min ago
- Man shot in the head in Camden; suspect sought 2 min ago
- Search for Okla. tornado survivors nearly complete
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Chesco man killed longtime girlfriend, police say
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Man gunned down at water ice stand
6 min ago