North Catholic alumni host fundraiser for fallen SEAL
PHILADELPHIA - August 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- They gathered at Hetzels field in Philadelphia's Fishtown section Friday night to honor the life of fallen Navy SEAL, Michael Strange.
Strange, a Philadelphia native and graduate of North Catholic High School was killed when his chopper was attacked in Afghanistan last week.
Local military personnel arranged a memorial softball game with North Catholic alumni.
Strange's parents and siblings were also there to lend their support.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, u.s. navy, afghanistan, local/state
- More Snow on the Way 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder 32 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington 38 min ago
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- More Snow on the Way
28 min ago
- Preparing for more snow on Tuesday
39 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
32 min ago
- Woman stabbed to death in Germantown
37 min ago