Off-duty officer hit in Wynnefield crash
WYNNEFIELD - August 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are testing a woman to see if she was driving under the influence, when her car hit the pickup truck of an off-duty police officer.
Investigators say at about 2:30 on Thursday morning, a woman's BMW went out of control on Monument Avenue near Belmont Avenue in the Wynnefield section of the city.
Officers say her car then rammed an off-duty officer's pickup.
Police say the woman then got out of her car and ran to a nearby golf course.
Officers caught up with her there.
They have tested her to see if she was driving under the influence.
There were no serious injuries.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, wynnefield, local/state
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 18 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 36 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water 49 min ago
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover 9 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 34 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 47 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
36 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated...
49 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
18 min ago