Off-duty officer hit in Wynnefield crash
WYNNEFIELD - August 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are testing a woman to see if she was driving under the influence, when her car hit the pickup truck of an off-duty police officer.
Investigators say at about 2:30 on Thursday morning, a woman's BMW went out of control on Monument Avenue near Belmont Avenue in the Wynnefield section of the city.
Officers say her car then rammed an off-duty officer's pickup.
Police say the woman then got out of her car and ran to a nearby golf course.
Officers caught up with her there.
They have tested her to see if she was driving under the influence.
There were no serious injuries.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, wynnefield, local/state
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy 54 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 42 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
42 min ago