Pa. blues duo marries on stage after concert
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - August 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Their lives together are sure to be sweet music.
Pennsylvania blues duo Jeff Roberts and Lori Donovan got hitched on stage Wednesday night following their performance at Bethlehem's 10-day Musikfest.
After the couple wrapped their hour-long set as Donovan Roberts, Donovan slipped into her wedding dress while Roberts performed "Sweet Valentine." Roberts said he wrote the song to get out of the dog house after buying a snow blower instead of a gift on Valentine's Day.
The crowd cheered the couple as they exchange vows before Bethlehem Mayor John Callahan and the newlyweds wrapped the wedding with one last song.
The couple said they decided to get married at the music festival because Donovan joined Roberts' band onstage there several years ago after they started dating.
musikfest, bethlehem, pennsylvania, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases