Pa. blues duo marries on stage after concert
BETHLEHEM, Pa. - August 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- Their lives together are sure to be sweet music.
Pennsylvania blues duo Jeff Roberts and Lori Donovan got hitched on stage Wednesday night following their performance at Bethlehem's 10-day Musikfest.
After the couple wrapped their hour-long set as Donovan Roberts, Donovan slipped into her wedding dress while Roberts performed "Sweet Valentine." Roberts said he wrote the song to get out of the dog house after buying a snow blower instead of a gift on Valentine's Day.
The crowd cheered the couple as they exchange vows before Bethlehem Mayor John Callahan and the newlyweds wrapped the wedding with one last song.
The couple said they decided to get married at the music festival because Donovan joined Roberts' band onstage there several years ago after they started dating.
musikfest, bethlehem, pennsylvania, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering 3 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 27 min ago
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student 10 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 59 min ago
- DA: Charges coming in death of NYC student
10 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
27 min ago