1 worker dead, 1 hospitalized after falling in well
ASTON, Pa. - August 11, 2011 (WPVI) -- One of the workers freed from a Delaware County well has died, officials say.
The incident happened at approximately 11:30 a.m. Thursday at a pumping station at 100 Team Road in Aston, Pa.
Authorities tell Action News four Southwest Delaware County Municipal Authority employees were working on a wet well when at least two fell in.
One employee has died and another was treated and released from Crozer Chester Medical Center.
The two other employees were not injured.
"No words can express the sadness that comes when such a tragic event occurs. On behalf of everyone at Southwest, my deepest sympathies go out to the families and friends of Larry Fisher, a 13 year employee at the Authority. They have suffered a devastating loss," Operations Manager Fred Tasker said.
The incident is currently under investigation by the Aston Township Police Department. Find out about Breaking News as it happens. Sign up for 6abc.com Breaking News Alerts.
pennsylvania, delaware county, industrial accident, rescue, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 17 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 50 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 15 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 43 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 1 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 24 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
50 min ago