Boater missing after jumping into Delaware River
WISSINNOMING - August 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- The search continues for a missing man who jumped into the Delaware River near the Tacony Palmyra Bridge Saturday night.
Police tell Action News that around 11:15 p.m. officers from the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Division pulled over a boat with five people on board for suspicion of drinking.
While the driver of the boat was being questioned, one of the occupants jumped off the boat.
Police searched for several hours, but were unable to find the unidentified male.
The operator of the boat has been charged with DUI.
Police plan to resume their search for the missing boater later today.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, missing boater, missing person, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 10 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark,...
10 min ago