Heavy rain causes partial house collapse in N.J.
GLASSBORO, N.J. - August 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- A surge of heavy rains caused part of a home in Glassboro, New Jersey to collapse Saturday morning.
Crews arrived at 407 Deptford Road just after 11:00am and found that the back part of the house had caved in.
The two homeowners and their pet were able to get out without being injured.
Authorities remain on the scene making sure the rest of the house stays up.
new jersey, gloucester county, rain, flooding, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?