Fire at retirement community prompts evacuations
WEST MT. AIRY - August 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A high rise building was evacuated during a fire forcing out dozens of elderly residents of a retirement community.
The fire broke out at 6:30 p.m. at the Four Freedoms complex at 6101 Morris Street in West Mount Airy.
Firefighters contained the damage to a ninth floor unit of the ten-story building.
Two victims were taken to Roxborough Hospital for treatment.
The fire was brought under control within 25 minutes.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, west mount airy, fire, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets 22 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane 53 min ago
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
49 min ago
- Skydiver's 'chute gets tangled in plane
53 min ago