Checkpoint Strikeforce in Delaware
NEWARK, De - August 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware have started Operation Strikeforce.
It's an annual crackdown on drunk drivers, leading up to the labor day holiday weekend.
The Action Cam stopped at the checkpoint in Newark, Delaware last night.
Police cited at least 12 drivers for DUI, three others for drug possession, and that was just the first hour.Police say this operation certainly pays dividends.
Delaware Governor Jack Markell recently signed 2-bills, stiffening the punishment for repeat DUI offenders
DUI, drugs, delaware, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 24 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 22 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 5-alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County 4 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
24 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos