Authorities searching for missing NJ swimmer
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - August 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescue crews were searching Sunday for a swimmer who went missing in waters off southern New Jersey.
Authorities say 59-year-old James W. Ashley of Mays Landing failed to resurface after he went swimming off a 20-foot boat in the Mullica River off Atlantic City.
The boat's owner notified authorities around 12:35 p.m. The Coast Guard responded by sending a 25-foot small crew response boat from its Barnegat Light station and an MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew from its Atlantic City station.
New Jersey state police were also involved in the search, along with other state and local agencies.
missing boater, atlantic city, new jersey, local/state
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect 51 min ago
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS 21 min ago
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years 45 min ago
- As fireworks crackle, Beckham plays last home game
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list