Authorities searching for missing NJ swimmer
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - August 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescue crews were searching Sunday for a swimmer who went missing in waters off southern New Jersey.
Authorities say 59-year-old James W. Ashley of Mays Landing failed to resurface after he went swimming off a 20-foot boat in the Mullica River off Atlantic City.
The boat's owner notified authorities around 12:35 p.m. The Coast Guard responded by sending a 25-foot small crew response boat from its Barnegat Light station and an MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew from its Atlantic City station.
New Jersey state police were also involved in the search, along with other state and local agencies.
missing boater, atlantic city, new jersey, local/state
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested 33 min ago
- SEPTA spreads holiday cheer with toy drive
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars
- Bishop McDevitt HS student robbed at gunpoint
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ 23 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
23 min ago