Authorities searching for missing NJ swimmer
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) - August 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescue crews were searching Sunday for a swimmer who went missing in waters off southern New Jersey.
Authorities say 59-year-old James W. Ashley of Mays Landing failed to resurface after he went swimming off a 20-foot boat in the Mullica River off Atlantic City.
The boat's owner notified authorities around 12:35 p.m. The Coast Guard responded by sending a 25-foot small crew response boat from its Barnegat Light station and an MH-65 Dolphin helicopter crew from its Atlantic City station.
New Jersey state police were also involved in the search, along with other state and local agencies.
missing boater, atlantic city, new jersey, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 11 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more