Crews work to contain gas leak in Trenton
TRENTON, N.J. - August 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Fire crews and the gas company are working to contain a gas leak this morning in Trenton, New Jersey.
The leak occurred when a construction crew hit a 4 to 6 inch gas line near the corner of Lalor Street and Lamberton Street.
A heavy odor of natural gas quickly filled the area.
Traffic is being diverted from the area. The Lalor Street exit off Route 29 southbound at the Trenton Tunnel is expected to be closed.
No injuries have been reported.
gas leak, trenton, new jersey, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids