Hazmat investigating leak near NJ cocoa factory
GLASSBORO, N.J. - August 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Gloucester County Hazmat team has spent hours on the scene of a chemical leak in Glassboro.
Hazmat crews were called out around 5:00 p.m. to the ADM Cocoa factory on the 600 block of Ellis Street.
They found a tanker leaking Hydrogen Peroxide.
This caused some evacuations, but residents, who were taken to a local community center, were allowed back in their homes at 11:00 p.m.
Crews, however, continue to work on the situation.
new jersey, gloucester county, hazmat, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting 27 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run 28 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
27 min ago