Hazmat investigating leak near NJ cocoa factory
GLASSBORO, N.J. - August 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Gloucester County Hazmat team has spent hours on the scene of a chemical leak in Glassboro.
Hazmat crews were called out around 5:00 p.m. to the ADM Cocoa factory on the 600 block of Ellis Street.
They found a tanker leaking Hydrogen Peroxide.
This caused some evacuations, but residents, who were taken to a local community center, were allowed back in their homes at 11:00 p.m.
Crews, however, continue to work on the situation.
new jersey, gloucester county, hazmat, local/state
- Delaware County mail carrier accused of theft
- Rain Moves Out, Cool Winds Blow In
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Video: New warning about scams targeting seniors
- Healthcheck: Dealing with poison ivy