Fire burns 6 houses in Parkside
PARKSIDE - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- A fast moving house fire damaged six houses, displacing residents in Philadelphia's Parkside section.
Flames broke out around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday on the 900 block of N. Markoe Street.
The fire quickly spread to the adjoining homes. The blaze was placed under control within about 20 minutes.
Three of the six homes were vacant. 10 people displaced by the fire and The Red Cross is assisting.
The fire department said that no fire fighters were injured.
fire, parkside, philadelphia, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos