Man, teen girl shot in city's Graduate Hospital section
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man and a teenage girl were shot at the intersection of 22nd and Christian streets in the Graduate Hospital section of South Philadelphia.
The shooting happened at 11:59 p.m. Tuesday on the 800 block of South 22nd Street.
Police say 17-year-old girl was shot in the left leg. A 24-year-old man was shot in the buttocks. Both victims were transported to the hospital in stable condition.
Police say a group of juveniles fled the scene. Authorities are also looking for a blue BMW that fled the scene.
There is no word on a motive at this time.
shooting, graduate hospital, south philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Police officers narrowly escape bullets in North Philly 5 min ago
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run