Student ranks thinning for blogging Pa. teacher
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- More than 200 parents have told a Pennsylvania school district they don't want their children taught by a teacher who called students "frightfully dim" and "disengaged, lazy whiners" on her personal blog.
Central Bucks East High School Superintendent Robert Laws say he expects the district to get "a lot more requests" from parents who want to keep their children away from English teacher Natalie Munroe.
The Doylestown Intelligencer reports 62 requests came from parents whose children were scheduled to be in Munroe's classes. District officials had estimated Munroe would have 90 students in her three classes.
Munroe was suspended in February after district officials learned of her blog.
Laws says a substitute will likely be hired to take on the students who won't be taught by Monroe. Classes begin Tuesday.
bucks county, pennsylvania, school, doylestown, education, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 20 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 19 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar