Student ranks thinning for blogging Pa. teacher
DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - August 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- More than 200 parents have told a Pennsylvania school district they don't want their children taught by a teacher who called students "frightfully dim" and "disengaged, lazy whiners" on her personal blog.
Central Bucks East High School Superintendent Robert Laws say he expects the district to get "a lot more requests" from parents who want to keep their children away from English teacher Natalie Munroe.
The Doylestown Intelligencer reports 62 requests came from parents whose children were scheduled to be in Munroe's classes. District officials had estimated Munroe would have 90 students in her three classes.
Munroe was suspended in February after district officials learned of her blog.
Laws says a substitute will likely be hired to take on the students who won't be taught by Monroe. Classes begin Tuesday.
bucks county, pennsylvania, school, doylestown, education, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 9 min ago
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 21 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station
- Officials: Feb. pileup on Pa. Turnpike exposed gaps 6 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course 26 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
21 min ago