Missing 2-day-old boy found in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - August 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities have found a missing 2-day-old baby boy who triggered an Amber Alert after he was allegedly abducted from a Philadelphia hospital by his mother.
Philadelphia police say the baby and his mother, 39-year-old Tonya Dixon, were found shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Police say Dixon had taken the child, who is in need of medical care, from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania around noon.
Police say the newborn had already been placed in the custody of the Department of Human Services, which has custody of the woman's seven other children.
The baby will be transported back to the hospital and police say the mother is in police custody.
amber alert, kidnapping, west philadelphia, university city, philadelphia, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ