Missing 2-day-old boy found in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - August 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities have found a missing 2-day-old baby boy who triggered an Amber Alert after he was allegedly abducted from a Philadelphia hospital by his mother.
Philadelphia police say the baby and his mother, 39-year-old Tonya Dixon, were found shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Police say Dixon had taken the child, who is in need of medical care, from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania around noon.
Police say the newborn had already been placed in the custody of the Department of Human Services, which has custody of the woman's seven other children.
The baby will be transported back to the hospital and police say the mother is in police custody.
amber alert, kidnapping, west philadelphia, university city, philadelphia, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash 50 min ago
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- Parts of Christiana Mall lose power 54 min ago
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month 36 min ago
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro 59 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard 29 min ago