Missing 2-day-old boy found in Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - August 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities have found a missing 2-day-old baby boy who triggered an Amber Alert after he was allegedly abducted from a Philadelphia hospital by his mother.
Philadelphia police say the baby and his mother, 39-year-old Tonya Dixon, were found shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Police say Dixon had taken the child, who is in need of medical care, from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania around noon.
Police say the newborn had already been placed in the custody of the Department of Human Services, which has custody of the woman's seven other children.
The baby will be transported back to the hospital and police say the mother is in police custody.
amber alert, kidnapping, west philadelphia, university city, philadelphia, local/state
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify 19 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old? 9 min ago