Local wedding washed out by Irene
PHILADELPHIA - August 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia couple's weekend wedding is being washed out by Hurricane Irene.
Action news caught up with bride-to-be Danielle Costo and her fiance Kris Dufner at their Mayfair home Thursday night.
They scheduled their wedding and reception for this weekend in Ocean City, but Irene has forced them to cancel.
"I've been planning this for over a year, and I really wanted to have this date because it was the end of the summer. I wanted to go out with a bang, and now we get to go out with a hurricane," said bride-to-be Danielle Costo."
The couple's wedding venue refunded their money and gave them their wedding cake to enjoy.
The pair says they're hoping that a justice of the peace can step in and marry them in the next few days.
weddings, hurricanes and tropical storms, mayfair, philadelphia, pennsylvania, ocean city, new jersey, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 10 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 33 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police