Local wedding washed out by Irene
PHILADELPHIA - August 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia couple's weekend wedding is being washed out by Hurricane Irene.
Action news caught up with bride-to-be Danielle Costo and her fiance Kris Dufner at their Mayfair home Thursday night.
They scheduled their wedding and reception for this weekend in Ocean City, but Irene has forced them to cancel.
"I've been planning this for over a year, and I really wanted to have this date because it was the end of the summer. I wanted to go out with a bang, and now we get to go out with a hurricane," said bride-to-be Danielle Costo."
The couple's wedding venue refunded their money and gave them their wedding cake to enjoy.
The pair says they're hoping that a justice of the peace can step in and marry them in the next few days.
weddings, hurricanes and tropical storms, mayfair, philadelphia, pennsylvania, ocean city, new jersey, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Record Warmth! 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Record Warmth!
38 min ago