Local wedding washed out by Irene
PHILADELPHIA - August 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia couple's weekend wedding is being washed out by Hurricane Irene.
Action news caught up with bride-to-be Danielle Costo and her fiance Kris Dufner at their Mayfair home Thursday night.
They scheduled their wedding and reception for this weekend in Ocean City, but Irene has forced them to cancel.
"I've been planning this for over a year, and I really wanted to have this date because it was the end of the summer. I wanted to go out with a bang, and now we get to go out with a hurricane," said bride-to-be Danielle Costo."
The couple's wedding venue refunded their money and gave them their wedding cake to enjoy.
The pair says they're hoping that a justice of the peace can step in and marry them in the next few days.
weddings, hurricanes and tropical storms, mayfair, philadelphia, pennsylvania, ocean city, new jersey, local/state
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Very unsettled Thursday 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- SEPTA police chief using Twitter to fight crime
- Body of WWII hero returns home after 69 years 52 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall