Local wedding washed out by Irene
PHILADELPHIA - August 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia couple's weekend wedding is being washed out by Hurricane Irene.
Action news caught up with bride-to-be Danielle Costo and her fiance Kris Dufner at their Mayfair home Thursday night.
They scheduled their wedding and reception for this weekend in Ocean City, but Irene has forced them to cancel.
"I've been planning this for over a year, and I really wanted to have this date because it was the end of the summer. I wanted to go out with a bang, and now we get to go out with a hurricane," said bride-to-be Danielle Costo."
The couple's wedding venue refunded their money and gave them their wedding cake to enjoy.
The pair says they're hoping that a justice of the peace can step in and marry them in the next few days.
weddings, hurricanes and tropical storms, mayfair, philadelphia, pennsylvania, ocean city, new jersey, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 58 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape 35 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
58 min ago
- Dead body found during Easter egg hunt
53 min ago