Man suspected of DUI, rams car into Phila. house
JUNIATA PARK - August 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man suspected of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol slammed his car into a house in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia.
Police say the car went out of control coming around the curve leading to the intersection of O Street and Hunting Park Avenue around 1:45 a.m. Friday.
The car then hurtled across a lawn and smashed into the front of a house.
Neither the driver nor anyone inside the house was injured, but the foundation of the house was damaged.
There's no word yet on whether the residents can remain in the home.
Police took the driver into custody.
He is being tested to see if he had alcohol or drugs in his system.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, DUI, juniata park, local/state
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing Malaysian jet 15 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend! 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
4 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing...
15 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos