Man suspected of DUI, rams car into Phila. house
JUNIATA PARK - August 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man suspected of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol slammed his car into a house in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia.
Police say the car went out of control coming around the curve leading to the intersection of O Street and Hunting Park Avenue around 1:45 a.m. Friday.
The car then hurtled across a lawn and smashed into the front of a house.
Neither the driver nor anyone inside the house was injured, but the foundation of the house was damaged.
There's no word yet on whether the residents can remain in the home.
Police took the driver into custody.
He is being tested to see if he had alcohol or drugs in his system.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, DUI, juniata park, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 53 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally