Man suspected of DUI, rams car into Phila. house
JUNIATA PARK - August 26, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man suspected of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol slammed his car into a house in the Juniata Park section of Philadelphia.
Police say the car went out of control coming around the curve leading to the intersection of O Street and Hunting Park Avenue around 1:45 a.m. Friday.
The car then hurtled across a lawn and smashed into the front of a house.
Neither the driver nor anyone inside the house was injured, but the foundation of the house was damaged.
There's no word yet on whether the residents can remain in the home.
Police took the driver into custody.
He is being tested to see if he had alcohol or drugs in his system.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, accident, DUI, juniata park, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's