Coast Guard looks for missing sailor off NJ
CAPE MAY, N.J. (AP) - September 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard in New Jersey says it is trying to establish radio communication with a civilian sailor whose parents have been unable to contact him since Hurricane Irene passed through the area.
The Coast Guard said the parents of 23-year-old Falcon A. Riley sent an email on Thursday reporting that their son had last been seen at Cape May on Aug. 25. The Coast Guard did not know his hometown.
Riley was believed to be aboard a green-and-white 30-foot Hunter sailboat, the "Reverie."
No further details were available. The Coast Guard said it was attempting to get more information about Riley and the boat's itinerary from the parents.
new jersey, cape may county, missing boater, missing person, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation 26 min ago
- Teen shot in Wilmington
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition