Coast Guard looks for missing sailor off NJ
CAPE MAY, N.J. (AP) - September 1, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard in New Jersey says it is trying to establish radio communication with a civilian sailor whose parents have been unable to contact him since Hurricane Irene passed through the area.
The Coast Guard said the parents of 23-year-old Falcon A. Riley sent an email on Thursday reporting that their son had last been seen at Cape May on Aug. 25. The Coast Guard did not know his hometown.
Riley was believed to be aboard a green-and-white 30-foot Hunter sailboat, the "Reverie."
No further details were available. The Coast Guard said it was attempting to get more information about Riley and the boat's itinerary from the parents.
new jersey, cape may county, missing boater, missing person, local/state
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co. 16 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting 28 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police probe pizza deliveryman shooting in SW Phila.
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Woman crashes into tractor trailer in Mayfair 1 min ago
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Dozens charged in alleged slip and fall scheme
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- Philadelphia Eagles 2014 game schedule
- Police search for gunman in bar shooting
28 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos