Man rescued after fall from Manayunk deck
MANAYUNK - September 2, 2011 (WPVI) -- It was an unusual rescue after a man fell from a deck at a bar in the Manayunk section of Philadelphia.
It was around midnight Friday when rescuers were called to the Mad River Bar and Restaurant in the 4100 block of Main Street.
There, they learned a man fell 20 feet from the rear deck and landed in the river. He managed to climb onto a platform where he got stuck.
Firefighters were able to reach the man, who was suffering from ankle and chest injuries.
He was taken to the hospital in stable condition.
There was no immediate word on the man's identity or how the fall happened.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, manayunk, rescue, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 54 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
28 min ago