NJ state police probing death of Pa. parasailer
LONG BEACH TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - September 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Autopsy results are pending in the death of a Pennsylvania man who was found unresponsive in waters off southern New Jersey this weekend.
And while the death of 61-year-old Paul Smith of Yardley does not appear to be suspicious, New Jersey state police say their investigation is ongoing.
Smith was unconscious when a good Samaritan found him around 4 p.m. Saturday and got him out of the water. Before then, authorities believe Smith had been parasailing off Long Beach Island.
Smith was taken to Southern Ocean Medical Center in Stafford Township, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Authorities say it did not appear that Smith had sustained any injuries. An autopsy was scheduled for Sunday, but it was not known when the results would be disclosed.
new jersey, ocean county, bucks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect 52 min ago
- A Nice Stretch 44 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp. 9 min ago
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot...
52 min ago
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in...
9 min ago