NJ state police probing death of Pa. parasailer
LONG BEACH TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) - September 4, 2011 (WPVI) -- Autopsy results are pending in the death of a Pennsylvania man who was found unresponsive in waters off southern New Jersey this weekend.
And while the death of 61-year-old Paul Smith of Yardley does not appear to be suspicious, New Jersey state police say their investigation is ongoing.
Smith was unconscious when a good Samaritan found him around 4 p.m. Saturday and got him out of the water. Before then, authorities believe Smith had been parasailing off Long Beach Island.
Smith was taken to Southern Ocean Medical Center in Stafford Township, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Authorities say it did not appear that Smith had sustained any injuries. An autopsy was scheduled for Sunday, but it was not known when the results would be disclosed.
new jersey, ocean county, bucks county, pennsylvania, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Study: Child an hour injured on high chairs
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition