Police investigate hate crime in Del.
Monday, September 05, 2011
NEWARK, Del. - September 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police are investigating a hate crime in Newark.Around 12:11 p.m. police responded to a home in the unit block of Delrose Court, where a male victim reported finding vandalism on his front lawn. Richard Parson Sr. says he woke up to find what resembled a cross on his front lawn, along with racial slurs. The cross stood about a few feet tall and was made of PVC pipes duct taped together. Parson's family has lived in the home for 23 years, and he says this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Authorities are still investigating. Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the New Castle Police Department at 302-395-8110.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
delaware, new castle county, newark, hate crime, local/state
- Man robbed at gunpoint in North Philadelphia
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Neighbor alerts showering woman of fire in home
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
6abc.com News Links