Police investigate hate crime in Del.
Monday, September 05, 2011
NEWARK, Del. - September 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police are investigating a hate crime in Newark.Around 12:11 p.m. police responded to a home in the unit block of Delrose Court, where a male victim reported finding vandalism on his front lawn. Richard Parson Sr. says he woke up to find what resembled a cross on his front lawn, along with racial slurs. The cross stood about a few feet tall and was made of PVC pipes duct taped together. Parson's family has lived in the home for 23 years, and he says this isn't the first time something like this has happened. Authorities are still investigating. Anyone with information regarding the incident is asked to contact the New Castle Police Department at 302-395-8110.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
delaware, new castle county, newark, hate crime, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 40 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 43 min ago
- Free coffee as Wawa celebrates 50th 30 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 59 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos