Father of comatose W.Va. student sues 6 Del. men
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A West Virginia college student who was attacked and beaten remains in an "eyes-open coma" nearly two years after a fight that caused his injuries, and his father recently filed a lawsuit over the incident.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that the father of 21-year-old Ryan Diviney filed the lawsuit in West Virginia against six Delawareans who Diviney's attorneys claim were involved in the assault on Ryan and another student.
Two of them were convicted on criminal charges last year.
Diviney's attorney, Alex Shook, said Ryan's ongoing care is expensive, and his family has suffered the emotional cost of losing their son as they knew him.
The 2009 fight started over a disparaging comment about the Philadelphia Phillies.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
west virginia, delaware, beating, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ