Father of comatose W.Va. student sues 6 Del. men
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- A West Virginia college student who was attacked and beaten remains in an "eyes-open coma" nearly two years after a fight that caused his injuries, and his father recently filed a lawsuit over the incident.
The News Journal of Wilmington reports that the father of 21-year-old Ryan Diviney filed the lawsuit in West Virginia against six Delawareans who Diviney's attorneys claim were involved in the assault on Ryan and another student.
Two of them were convicted on criminal charges last year.
Diviney's attorney, Alex Shook, said Ryan's ongoing care is expensive, and his family has suffered the emotional cost of losing their son as they knew him.
The 2009 fight started over a disparaging comment about the Philadelphia Phillies.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
west virginia, delaware, beating, local/state
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 5 min ago
- Lots of sun, chilly today 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 8 min ago
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 49 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli 46 min ago
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lockdown lifted at Pennsbury High School
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA 52 min ago
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 28 min ago
- 19-year-old struck, killed in Bordentown ID'd
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
39 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos