Flood warnings remain in parts of north Jersey
TRENTON, N.J. - September 12, 2011 (WPVI) -- It could be Wednesday before New Jersey rivers swollen by rain from Hurricane Irene and remnants of Tropical Storm Lee fall below flood stage.
The flood warning continues for the Passaic River at Pine Brook and Little Falls.
Moderate flooding is occurring.
Forecasters say the river will continue to fall below flood stage at Little Falls by Tuesday afternoon and at Pine Brook by Wednesday.
The river forced hundreds from their homes and the back-to-back storms slowed restoration efforts.
flooding, new jersey, local/state
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle 39 min ago
- Philadelphia couple stabbed in their home, son arrested 12 min ago
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- NJ man claims share of $198M Mega Millions jackpot 33 min ago
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos