NJ 9/11 marker fails to mention attacks
WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. - September 14, 2011 (WPVI) -- Some people are angry that a New Jersey town's Sept. 11 monument unveiled on the 10th anniversary devotes more space to the township committee than what happened that day.
The granite marker outside the Washington Township Municipal Building in Warren County states: "Dedicated September 11, 2011. 10 Year Anniversary." That's followed by the six names of the mayor, committee members and township administrator.
The monument makes no mention of a 3-foot-tall, 200-pound piece of contorted steel from the World Trade Center that sits next to the marker.
Neither the mayor nor deputy mayor can recall who decided on the inscription.
Committeewoman Eve Marks told The Express-Times newspaper she finds the monument disturbing and doesn't want her name "on a headstone."
Information from: The Express-Times, http://www.lehighvalleylive.com
new jersey, 9/11 attacks, local/state
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 28 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 34 min ago
- Person possibly struck by train in Center City 17 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Car, SUV collide outside Trenton firehouse
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice 50 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
34 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos