3 NJ counties to get FEMA aid for mid-Aug. storms
TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - September 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- Three southern New Jersey counties that saw major flooding in storms from Aug. 13 to 15 - before Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee hit - are eligible to receive federal disaster aid.
President Barack Obama on Thursday approved the disaster aid for Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem counties.
The money will allow for emergency work and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged facilities.
All counties in New Jersey can also qualify for flood prevention measures.
new jersey, cumberland county, gloucester county, salem county, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City 58 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 19 min ago
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
58 min ago