Police: Man hit by van after getting off bus dies
SPRING GARDEN - September 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man has died after being struck by a vehicle in Spring Garden.
The accident happened around 6:00 p.m. on Ridge Avenue near Clay Street.
Police say a 60-year-old man was getting off the bus when he was hit by a minivan.
He was taken to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The minivan stayed at the scene.
There is no word yet if any charges will be filed.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, spring garden, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash 19 min ago
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 16 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident 58 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ