Police: Man hit by van after getting off bus dies
SPRING GARDEN - September 16, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man has died after being struck by a vehicle in Spring Garden.
The accident happened around 6:00 p.m. on Ridge Avenue near Clay Street.
Police say a 60-year-old man was getting off the bus when he was hit by a minivan.
He was taken to Hahnemann Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The minivan stayed at the scene.
There is no word yet if any charges will be filed.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, spring garden, accident, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 8 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos