Driver escapes burning car
WYNNEFIELD - September 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- An early morning car fire in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia, sent the driver scurrying for safety.
Smoke and flames broke out from the engine, shortly after the car stalled at 59th Street and City Avenue at about 1:15 on Monday morning.
The driver managed to get out just before the vehicle burst into flames.
Firefighters arrived quickly, and put out the fire in a few minutes.
There are no reports of injuries.
So far, there's no word on what caused the engine to break down, then ignite.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, fire, wynnefield, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville
- Brisk And Cold 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 54 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 55 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 59 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
52 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Reducing radiation...
7 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
45 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
55 min ago