Pa. man, 19, drowns at state park
BARNESVILLE, Pa. - September 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they've recovered the body of a man who drowned at a Pennsylvania state park.
The Pottsville Republican & Herald reports police in Rush Township did not immediately release the name of the 19-year-old whose body was recovered Sunday evening at Tuscarora State Park in Schuylkill County.
Officials say the Berks County man was swimming with friends when he went underwater and didn't resurface.
The Republican & Herald report says rangers and police were called to the scene around 5:30 p.m. He was pulled from the water soon after but pronounced dead at a hospital at 7:45 p.m.
Information from: Pottsville Republican and Herald, http://www.republicanherald.com
pennsylvania, berks county, drowning, local/state
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J. 23 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp and cool today 49 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Faith-healing couple held without bail
- Sex offender arrested in Del. child porn bust
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Jersey shore reopens for 1st post-Sandy summer
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk...
- Wash. I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- AC casino manager charged with promoting prostitution
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch