Pa. man, 19, drowns at state park
BARNESVILLE, Pa. - September 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they've recovered the body of a man who drowned at a Pennsylvania state park.
The Pottsville Republican & Herald reports police in Rush Township did not immediately release the name of the 19-year-old whose body was recovered Sunday evening at Tuscarora State Park in Schuylkill County.
Officials say the Berks County man was swimming with friends when he went underwater and didn't resurface.
The Republican & Herald report says rangers and police were called to the scene around 5:30 p.m. He was pulled from the water soon after but pronounced dead at a hospital at 7:45 p.m.
Information from: Pottsville Republican and Herald, http://www.republicanherald.com
pennsylvania, berks county, drowning, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 53 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery 20 min ago
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses 55 min ago
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Police search for suspects in religious...
20 min ago