Pa. man, 19, drowns at state park
BARNESVILLE, Pa. - September 19, 2011 (WPVI) -- Authorities say they've recovered the body of a man who drowned at a Pennsylvania state park.
The Pottsville Republican & Herald reports police in Rush Township did not immediately release the name of the 19-year-old whose body was recovered Sunday evening at Tuscarora State Park in Schuylkill County.
Officials say the Berks County man was swimming with friends when he went underwater and didn't resurface.
The Republican & Herald report says rangers and police were called to the scene around 5:30 p.m. He was pulled from the water soon after but pronounced dead at a hospital at 7:45 p.m.
Information from: Pottsville Republican and Herald, http://www.republicanherald.com
pennsylvania, berks county, drowning, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet 9 min ago
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 32 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
32 min ago