Man hit, dragged by car in South Jersey
PENNSAUKEN, NEW JERSEY - September 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- A man is in the hospital after getting hit and then dragged by a car down a South Jersey street.
Police say that at about 1:00 a.m., on Tuesday, a small white car struck the pedestrian as he was walking along Stow Road in Pennsauken.
The car then dragged the victim for one block to Bridgeview Avenue.
Firefighters had to free the injured man from underneath the car.
He is in the hospital in serious condition.
The driver stopped at the scene and is cooperating with police.
So far, no charges have been filed.
new jersey, accident, pennsauken, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
59 min ago