Officer injured in Spring Garden pursuit
SPRING GARDEN - September 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an incident that occurred in Spring Garden this morning that resulted with an officer suffering some kind of injury.
The incident happened sometime after 11:00 a.m. Wednesday in the area of 17th and Mt. Vernon streets. It was there that police were called out for an assist for an injured officer to the area.
Officials at the scene tell Action News that the officer was trying to stop at least two people when the officer was injured.
Police have taken two people into custody.
The injured officer was taken by another officer to Hahnemann Hospital for treatment. There is no word yet on his condition or what type of injuries he sustained.
spring garden, philadelphia, police, police chase, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run