1 injured in partial collapse in Nicetown
NICETOWN - September 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police and firefighters responded to a partial building collapse in Philadelphia's Nicetown section Thursday morning.
The incident happened at 11:20 a.m. in the 3700 block of North Broad Street.
Responding rescue workers removed a woman from the building who was trapped under the drop ceiling that collapsed. She was taken to Temple University Hospital for evaluation after suffering minor injuries.
There is no word on what caused the collapse.
collapse, nicetown, philadelphia, local/state
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 39 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 49 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 44 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
39 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
44 min ago