1 injured in partial collapse in Nicetown
NICETOWN - September 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police and firefighters responded to a partial building collapse in Philadelphia's Nicetown section Thursday morning.
The incident happened at 11:20 a.m. in the 3700 block of North Broad Street.
Responding rescue workers removed a woman from the building who was trapped under the drop ceiling that collapsed. She was taken to Temple University Hospital for evaluation after suffering minor injuries.
There is no word on what caused the collapse.
collapse, nicetown, philadelphia, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 37 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 47 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 1 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
2 min ago