Funeral planned in Delaware for slain officer
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- A funeral is planned for a New Castle County police officer killed in the line of duty.
The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., reports that funeral services are scheduled for Friday for Sgt. Joseph Szczerba. The 44-year-old was an 18-year veteran of the police force. Szczerba was fatally stabbed while on duty during a struggle in Penn Acres. A Wilmington man, David Salasky, is charged in the slaying and is being held on $1 million bail.
A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. at the Center on the Riverfront in Wilmington.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
police, police officer killed, stabbing, new castle county, delaware, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book