Suspicious briefcase delays Regional Rail service
Friday, September 23, 2011
LANSDALE, Pa. - September 22, 2011 (WPVI) -- Travel was delayed for Septa Regional Rail passengers along the Lansdale/Doylestown line, after a suspicious briefcase was found, Thursday evening.Around 9:10 p.m. the briefcase was discovered in close proximity to the train station. As a precaution, police were notified and rail traffic was halted in both directions. Shortly before 10:30 p.m., the bomb squad was called to detonate the item, which turned out to be no harm. No injuries were reported. Rail service was back up and running with slight delays.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
pennsylvania, montgomery county, lansdale, SEPTA, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 54 min ago
- Winter Warm Up 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 53 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments 50 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career 43 min ago
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
54 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
53 min ago
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay...
50 min ago
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
43 min ago
6abc.com News Links