Woman claims sexual assaulted in taxi
MANAYUNK - September 23, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police have confirmed to Action News that they are investigating the sexual assault of a 19-year-old woman.
The incident happened after the female victim hailed a cab in Manayunk.
The victim, a 19-year-old woman, tells police that she got into the cab on the 4100 block of Main Street at approximately 2:00 a.m. on Saturday.
She then said she was driven around, sexually assaulted and then dumped out of the cab.
Police are investigating.
sex assault, manayunk, philadelphia, local/state
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says strike unlikely 24 min ago
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 7 min ago
- Investigator: Missing plane flew over Malaysia 56 min ago
- 2-alarm fire breaks out at Holmesburg complex 5 min ago
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Crews battle house fire in Wilmington 26 min ago
- Truck overturns on Paoli Pike; 1 injury 35 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- Milder this afternoon, snow likely Monday
12 min ago
- SEPTA unveils strike plan; union says...
24 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
7 min ago
- New video released in apparent Pa. road...
23 min ago