Baggage cart collides with plane at Philly airport
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - September 23, 2011 -- Officials say a baggage cart disconnected from the tug that was pulling it and crashed into a plane wing at Philadelphia International Airport.
A U.S. Airways spokesman says the accident happened shortly before noon Friday as the Richmond, Va.-bound U.S. Airways Express flight was getting ready to leave the gate. The plane has been taken out of service and none of the 48 passengers and three crew members was hurt.
The spokesman, Todd Lehmacher, says the baggage cart was being pulled in the area when it somehow became disconnected from its tug and struck the plane's left wingtip.
Lehmacher says the passengers were quickly put on another plane and the damaged aircraft was taken out of service.
An airport spokeswoman says no other flights were disrupted.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, philadelphia international airport, local/state
- Firefighters rescue 3 children from Southwest Philadelphia house fire
- Windy And Cool 17 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- North Philadephia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of North Philadelphia high-rise 53 min ago
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend 31 min ago
- Windy And Cool
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos