Woman recovering after pit bull attack
GEORGETOWN, Del. (AP) - September 24, 2011 (WPVI) -- A 74-year-old Delware woman remains hospitalized after being mauled by her daughter's pit bull.
Debbie Kline says she heard her mother, Patricia Murphy, scream Monday that the 6-year-old pit bull had bit her. She tells the News-Journal that it took her about 15 minutes to pull the dog off her mother.
Kline says her mother underwent surgery on her face and her mangled arm and will require plastic surgery. She was in critical condition Friday at Christiana Hospital, but Kline says it appears her mother will recover.
State Police say troopers had to shoot the dog, which is now being tested for rabies, and are continuing to investigate.
Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com
delaware, dog attack, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days 28 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 56 min ago