Crews extinguish University City apartment fire
UNIVERSITY CITY - September 25, 2011 (WPVI) -- Crews battled a fire inside a University City apartment building.
The Philadelphia Fire Department arrived around 3:30 p.m. to the 19-story building on the 3900 block of Market Street.
Official say the small kitchen fire was coming from a single apartment on the 18th floor.
The floor was evacuated and no injuries were reported.
The Red Cross of Southeastern PA is manning a reception center for 25 seniors displaced by the fire.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, university city, fire, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 20 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
20 min ago