Mom: Girl who collapsed in gym class had asthma
MANCHESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. - September 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- Her mother says the girl who collapsed during gym class at an Ocean County high school had asthma.
Nina Previti told the Asbury Park Press her 14-year-old daughter, Francesca, was recently treated by a doctor who found her breathing to be substandard.
Schools Superintendent David Trethaway says the Manchester High School sophomore collapsed on the school track Thursday.
The two-time national cheerleading champ was pronounced dead at a hospital. Authorities believe she apparently went into cardiac arrest.
The cause of death is still pending an autopsy and toxicology report.
Grief counselors were at the school Friday.
Information from: Asbury Park Press, http://www.app.com
new jersey, school, heart health, local/state
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash