Thieves may have swapped key to take $148K Porsche
LAWRENCE, N.J. (AP) - September 30, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police believe thieves may have stolen a $148,000 Porsche from a New Jersey car dealer by switching electronic keys after a test drive.
The Porsche Panamera was taken from Princeton Porsche in Lawrence sometime Monday or early Tuesday.
Police tell The Times of Trenton that two men in their early 20s showed up at the dealership on Monday and said one had won a lot of money in a legal settlement. They wanted to try out the expensive car.
Authorities believe after the test drive, the men pocketed the electronic key and handed the salesman a dummy.
The car went missing sometime after the dealer closed that night.
new jersey, theft, carjacking, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 42 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 56 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq. 51 min ago
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in Norristown
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
42 min ago
- David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
51 min ago