Man hospitalized after N. Philadelphia fire engine accident
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - October 5, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police and fire officials are investigating an accident involving a fire engine in North Philadelphia, which has left a man hospitalized.
It was approximately 11:15 Wednesday morning at the intersection of 29th and Clearfield streets where a car collided with a fire engine.
Fire officials say the injured man was taken to Temple University Hospital for treatment. The severity of his injuries has not been disclosed.
There is no word on whether the fire truck was responding to a call at the time of the accident.
accident, north philadelphia, pa turnpike, pennsylvania, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 10 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps 22 min ago
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure 1 min ago
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 18 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia 20 min ago
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
18 min ago
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
22 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos