Search continues for boater on Delaware River
PENN'S LANDING - October 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard is continuing the search for a man reportedly fell out of a boat on the Delaware River.
The boater, Iouri Lizourn, was last spotted about 100 yards off shore and about 100 yards north of the Ben Franklin Bridge on Wednesday night.
It was around 10:30 p.m. when Lizourn's son called 911 to say his father fell in the water.
He was wearing dark clothing, making it difficult to spot him on the nighttime water.
A Coast Guard rescue boat, a helicopter and state police troopers are participating in the search.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, missing boater, local/state
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday 11 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School 22 min ago
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station 42 min ago
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall 35 min ago
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Bitter Blast Thursday
11 min ago