Search continues for boater on Delaware River
PENN'S LANDING - October 6, 2011 (WPVI) -- The Coast Guard is continuing the search for a man reportedly fell out of a boat on the Delaware River.
The boater, Iouri Lizourn, was last spotted about 100 yards off shore and about 100 yards north of the Ben Franklin Bridge on Wednesday night.
It was around 10:30 p.m. when Lizourn's son called 911 to say his father fell in the water.
He was wearing dark clothing, making it difficult to spot him on the nighttime water.
A Coast Guard rescue boat, a helicopter and state police troopers are participating in the search.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, missing boater, local/state
- 10-year-old Wilmington boy reported missing
- A Nice Stretch 31 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- James, Heat push NBA Finals to Game 7