Bicyclist killed by Amtrak train in Newark
NEWARK, Del. - October 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a bicyclist was killed by an Amtrak train Saturday night in Newark, Delaware.
It happened shortly before 6:00 p.m. along the 200 block of Interchange Boulevard. That's where officers say the victim was trespassing.
Amtrak officials say the cyclist was trespassing when struck by Amtrak Train No. 97 heading from New York to Miami. 170 people were on board the train at the time of the accident.
Both Amtrak officials and New Castle County police are investigating.
train accident, bicyclist struck, newark, delaware, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 31 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case 20 min ago
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia