Bicyclist killed by Amtrak train in Newark
NEWARK, Del. - October 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a bicyclist was killed by an Amtrak train Saturday night in Newark, Delaware.
It happened shortly before 6:00 p.m. along the 200 block of Interchange Boulevard. That's where officers say the victim was trespassing.
Amtrak officials say the cyclist was trespassing when struck by Amtrak Train No. 97 heading from New York to Miami. 170 people were on board the train at the time of the accident.
Both Amtrak officials and New Castle County police are investigating.
train accident, bicyclist struck, newark, delaware, local/state
- Apartments evacuated in Bucks Co. hazmat investigation 35 min ago
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 16 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 52 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 8 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ