Bicyclist killed by Amtrak train in Newark
NEWARK, Del. - October 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a bicyclist was killed by an Amtrak train Saturday night in Newark, Delaware.
It happened shortly before 6:00 p.m. along the 200 block of Interchange Boulevard. That's where officers say the victim was trespassing.
Amtrak officials say the cyclist was trespassing when struck by Amtrak Train No. 97 heading from New York to Miami. 170 people were on board the train at the time of the accident.
Both Amtrak officials and New Castle County police are investigating.
train accident, bicyclist struck, newark, delaware, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 36 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk... 26 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport 40 min ago
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
36 min ago