Bicyclist killed by Amtrak train in Newark
NEWARK, Del. - October 8, 2011 (WPVI) -- Police say a bicyclist was killed by an Amtrak train Saturday night in Newark, Delaware.
It happened shortly before 6:00 p.m. along the 200 block of Interchange Boulevard. That's where officers say the victim was trespassing.
Amtrak officials say the cyclist was trespassing when struck by Amtrak Train No. 97 heading from New York to Miami. 170 people were on board the train at the time of the accident.
Both Amtrak officials and New Castle County police are investigating.
train accident, bicyclist struck, newark, delaware, local/state
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Turning Milder 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 34 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 55 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 5 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 1 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 57 min ago
- NJ Transit bus crashes into building, 9 injured 45 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding 47 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp.
57 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
1 min ago
- Water pressure problems plague Trenton
27 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay...
47 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos