Proposed NJ pot center before zoning board
MAPLE SHADE, N.J. - October 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- The zoning board in Maple Shade could become the first in New Jersey to grant local approval for a medical marijuana alternative treatment center.
Compassionate Science Alternative Treatment Center hopes to open to patients early next year in a vacant store on Route 73. But first it needs a zoning variance.
A hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.
None of the five other nonprofit groups with licenses to open medical marijuana facilities in the state has announced that it has zoning approval. At least two of the others are still deciding on locations.
New Jersey officials say they'll publish final regulations for the fledgling industry late this year, with the hope that centers can open early in 2012.
new jersey, medical marijuana, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands