Proposed NJ pot center before zoning board
MAPLE SHADE, N.J. - October 10, 2011 (WPVI) -- The zoning board in Maple Shade could become the first in New Jersey to grant local approval for a medical marijuana alternative treatment center.
Compassionate Science Alternative Treatment Center hopes to open to patients early next year in a vacant store on Route 73. But first it needs a zoning variance.
A hearing is scheduled for Wednesday.
None of the five other nonprofit groups with licenses to open medical marijuana facilities in the state has announced that it has zoning approval. At least two of the others are still deciding on locations.
New Jersey officials say they'll publish final regulations for the fledgling industry late this year, with the hope that centers can open early in 2012.
new jersey, medical marijuana, local/state
- Charges dropped against fmr. Montco GOP leader
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Suspect sought in NE Phila. Wawa robbery
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Greyhound passengers stranded for hours in Del.
- Officer-involved accident in Ewing Township 40 min ago
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 21 min ago
- New uncertainty about missing Malaysian plane 35 min ago
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Mick Jagger's girlfriend found dead in NYC
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade