Man cuts off own arm in Oxford Circle
OXFORD CIRCLE - October 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescuers say a man cut off his own arm at a home in the Oxford Circle section of Philadelphia on Wednesday night.
It was around 8:30 p.m. when firefighters responded to the 800 block of Brill Street for a report of an industrial accident.
When they arrived, they found a 34-year-old man with his arm cut off at the forearm.
The rescuers, however, were not able to find the missing limb right away.
They later determined that the man severed his own arm, then cut that dismembered portion again before trying to discard it.
The man was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment of his injuries and a psychiatric evaluation.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, oxford circle, local/state
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Spotty, but drenching showers this afternoon, a t'storm also possible
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Bus co. mistake cancels kids' DC field trip
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school 32 min ago
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- Man gets life in prison for murder of Pa. musician
- 2 dead in separate police involved shootings
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Allentown fire crews find body in burned apartment
- NJ man accused of defrauding FEMA
- Cicadas arriving in NJ in time for holiday weekend