Man cuts off own arm in Oxford Circle
OXFORD CIRCLE - October 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescuers say a man cut off his own arm at a home in the Oxford Circle section of Philadelphia on Wednesday night.
It was around 8:30 p.m. when firefighters responded to the 800 block of Brill Street for a report of an industrial accident.
When they arrived, they found a 34-year-old man with his arm cut off at the forearm.
The rescuers, however, were not able to find the missing limb right away.
They later determined that the man severed his own arm, then cut that dismembered portion again before trying to discard it.
The man was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment of his injuries and a psychiatric evaluation.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, oxford circle, local/state
- Ocean County forest fire fully contained
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of New Jersey forest fires
- House gutted in South Philadelphia blaze 8 min ago
- Warning about dating apps after violent crimes
- Eye doctor, daughter post bail after pot bust
- Wedding crashers apologize to bride
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- 1 dead after motorcycle, vehicle collide in Wilmington
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts