Man cuts off own arm in Oxford Circle
OXFORD CIRCLE - October 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescuers say a man cut off his own arm at a home in the Oxford Circle section of Philadelphia on Wednesday night.
It was around 8:30 p.m. when firefighters responded to the 800 block of Brill Street for a report of an industrial accident.
When they arrived, they found a 34-year-old man with his arm cut off at the forearm.
The rescuers, however, were not able to find the missing limb right away.
They later determined that the man severed his own arm, then cut that dismembered portion again before trying to discard it.
The man was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment of his injuries and a psychiatric evaluation.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, oxford circle, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 21 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha...