Man cuts off own arm in Oxford Circle
OXFORD CIRCLE - October 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescuers say a man cut off his own arm at a home in the Oxford Circle section of Philadelphia on Wednesday night.
It was around 8:30 p.m. when firefighters responded to the 800 block of Brill Street for a report of an industrial accident.
When they arrived, they found a 34-year-old man with his arm cut off at the forearm.
The rescuers, however, were not able to find the missing limb right away.
They later determined that the man severed his own arm, then cut that dismembered portion again before trying to discard it.
The man was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment of his injuries and a psychiatric evaluation.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, oxford circle, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1