Man cuts off own arm in Oxford Circle
OXFORD CIRCLE - October 13, 2011 (WPVI) -- Rescuers say a man cut off his own arm at a home in the Oxford Circle section of Philadelphia on Wednesday night.
It was around 8:30 p.m. when firefighters responded to the 800 block of Brill Street for a report of an industrial accident.
When they arrived, they found a 34-year-old man with his arm cut off at the forearm.
The rescuers, however, were not able to find the missing limb right away.
They later determined that the man severed his own arm, then cut that dismembered portion again before trying to discard it.
The man was rushed to Albert Einstein Medical Center for treatment of his injuries and a psychiatric evaluation.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, oxford circle, local/state
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 58 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- 3 injured in car crash in Pennsauken
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
- Man shot several times in stomach in Chester
- Police: Job applicant stole from tip jar
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Brisk And Cold
7 min ago