Pedestrian struck, killed on Pa. Turnpike
Saturday, October 15, 2011
FORT WASHINGTON, Pa. - October 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- State police are investigating a fatal accident on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.It happened along mile marker 339.3 of the turnpike in Fort Washington. Police say around 3:00 a.m., an unidentified person was struck and killed while walking on the westbound shoulder of the highway. The driver of the vehicle stopped and called for assistance. So far no word on why the victim was on the turnpike.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
pennsylvania, pa turnpike, accident, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 28 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 55 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 49 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 47 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
49 min ago
6abc.com News Links