Pedestrian struck, killed on Pa. Turnpike
Saturday, October 15, 2011
FORT WASHINGTON, Pa. - October 15, 2011 (WPVI) -- State police are investigating a fatal accident on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.It happened along mile marker 339.3 of the turnpike in Fort Washington. Police say around 3:00 a.m., an unidentified person was struck and killed while walking on the westbound shoulder of the highway. The driver of the vehicle stopped and called for assistance. So far no word on why the victim was on the turnpike.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
pennsylvania, pa turnpike, accident, local/state
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Mourning NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Car carrier crashes into bridge in Whitemarsh Twp.
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Storms bring floods to the Jersey shore
- Video: Incredible footage of wrong-way bus crash
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Tire dumping probe targets Wilmington shop
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- First book printed in U.S. on display in...
32 min ago
- 13-year-old driver accused of being drunk
14 min ago
6abc.com News Links