Family of man locked in Tacony basement found
TACONY - October 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say they have found the family of a man who locked in a basement over the weekend.
Authortiies say the family of Herbert Knowles has been located at their home in Norfolk, Virginia.
Knowles, 40, was one of four mentally handicapped adults found in the sub-basement of an apartment building in the 4700 block of Longshore Avenue in the Tacony section of Philadelphia.
RELATED: Read more about this story Charges of criminal conspiracy, aggravated assault, kidnapping, criminal trespass, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment and related offenses were filed Sunday against Linda Ann Weston, 51, and Gregory Thomas, 47, both of Philadelphia, as well as Eddie Wright, 50, officially listed as homeless but originally from Texas.
tacony, pennsylvania, philadelphia, human trafficking, kidnapping, local/state
- Snow Arriving 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm causes multiple accidents, delays at airport 2 min ago
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps 8 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix 47 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow 46 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow Arriving
36 min ago