Family of man locked in Tacony basement found
TACONY - October 17, 2011 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say they have found the family of a man who locked in a basement over the weekend.
Authortiies say the family of Herbert Knowles has been located at their home in Norfolk, Virginia.
Knowles, 40, was one of four mentally handicapped adults found in the sub-basement of an apartment building in the 4700 block of Longshore Avenue in the Tacony section of Philadelphia.
RELATED: Read more about this story Charges of criminal conspiracy, aggravated assault, kidnapping, criminal trespass, unlawful restraint, false imprisonment and related offenses were filed Sunday against Linda Ann Weston, 51, and Gregory Thomas, 47, both of Philadelphia, as well as Eddie Wright, 50, officially listed as homeless but originally from Texas.
tacony, pennsylvania, philadelphia, human trafficking, kidnapping, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos