Cherry Hill lumber landmark closing
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - October 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- The economy has taken its toll on a Cherry Hill landmark since 1953.
Probuild will close the former Haddonfield Lumber Co. next month.
ProBuild, which purchased the lumber company and home center in 2006, tells The Courier-Post of Cherry Hill its decision was based on continued industry and market conditions.
Fewer than 20 employees will lose their jobs.
Haddonfield Lumber was founded by David Baird III. Baird's son, David IV, took over the business in 1962.
Baird sold the company in 1998 to The Strober Organization, which was acquisitioned by ProBuild in 2006.
Information from: Courier-Post, http://www.courierpostonline.com/
cherry hill, new jersey, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks 14 min ago
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey 50 min ago
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos 46 min ago
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized 6 min ago
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Woman critically injured in Radnor Township house fire
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim...
14 min ago
- Cloudy And Cooler
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos