Hand grenade found in Bucks County home
QUAKERTOWN, Pa. - October 20, 2011 (WPVI) -- A number of homes in Bucks County were evacuated due to the discovery of a hand grenade.
Police say the family of a deceased resident was cleaning out the home when they came upon a cache of old WWII ammo, including gun powder.
A few devices appeared to be live, including a smoke grenade and possibly an anti-tank grenade.
The bomb squad took possession of the items, but they did not detonate them.
The incident took place around 4:00 p.m. at Trumbauersville Road and Richard Street in Quakertown.
As a precaution, adjacent properties were evacuated for a time.
pennsylvania, bucks county, quakertown, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos